top of page

NEWS & EVENTS

KWIXLand Business Spotlight: Mack Hils Metal Fabrication & Machining

Updated: Feb 16, 2023


Stan Hulett and Josh Taylor of Mack Hils Metal Fabrication
Stan Hulett and Josh Taylor discuss their roles at Mack Hills with Brad Boyer on KWIXLand in the Morning.


Guest Bios

Stan Hulett: Stan Hulett has been with MackHils for 12 years, starting as the Operations Manager and moving on to become the Vice President and General Manager in 2015.

Josh Taylor: Originally hired as a quality inspector 25 years ago, Josh Taylor is now Assistant General Manager. In addition to overseeing quality and I/T, Mr. Taylor is responsible for managing ERP-related activities. Mr. Taylor also performs machine programming and operator duties, as well as administrative supervision duties.


About MHMF

Mack Hils Metal Fabrication (MHMF) has a 70,000 square foot facility in Moberly, Missouri and is an industry-recognized leader in supplying quality parts and products to the antique pickup truck market as well as several other original equipment manufacturing companies (“OUR HISTORY”).

The company launched in 1973 as an antique truck bed manufacturer called Mack Products. The business has changed ownership over the years and is now privately owned by Roger Payne since 2012. As the company has grown, so has its customer base and their needs. The antique truck bed business accounts for about 4% of their business while other manufacturing accounts for the other 96%.


So, what is the other 96%? The load of the fabricating work comes from Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM). The OEM is the original producer of a vehicle's components, and so OEM car parts are identical to the parts used in producing a vehicle (Investopedia Team, 2021). OEMs provides Mack Hils with blueprints of the parts that they are needing to be fabricated.


The bulk of the fabricated parts is shipped across the US and internationally to Canada, Mexico, Europe, and Australia to OEMs such as Heavy trucking Tier 1 manufacturers, Wave Soldering Manufacturers, Commercial laboratory ovens, Electrical enclosures, and Industrial equipment.


Mack Hils Metal Fabrication has a common ownership agreement with Total Powder Coat & Finish as well as Big Rocks Engineering, both located in Moberly. According to Stan and Josh, business is booming, but they are in need of more employees.


Consider a career at Mack Hils Metal Fabrication. In a company that's stable and growing, you'll be able to use your skills and create a long-term career.


Learn more about Mack Hils Metal Fabricating at https://mackhilsmetalfabrication.com/




References:

Investopedia Team. (2021). What Is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) in the Automotive Sector? Investopedia. https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/041515/what-original-equipment-manufacturer-oem-automotive-sector.asp#:~:text=OEM%20stands%20for%20Original%20Equipment

OUR HISTORY. (n.d.). Mack Hils Metal Fabrication. Retrieved February 14, 2023, from https://mackhilsmetalfabrication.com/our-history/

bottom of page